Terms and Conditions
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
1. RENTAL INFORMATION: VICTORY BEACH VACATIONS INC. manages properties, individually owned and furnished by the owner according to their taste and certain standards recommended by us. We are employed by the property owners and will be unable to make other accommodation arrangements after your arrival. If a vacation residence should become unavailable for rental for any reason we reserve the right to substitute comparable accommodations, if available.
2. OCCUPANCY: The occupancy limit of each property is designated in individual unit descriptions. Only infants who sleep in cribs are not counted in the total occupancy. All units and cottages are rented for family vacations only, to responsible adults over 25 years of age per our owner’s management agreement. Victory Beach Vacations will not rent to fraternities, school, civic, sororities, receptions, groups or other non-family groups even if chaperoned by adults. We reserve the right to terminate or reject rental if reservation is booked under false pretenses.
3. RESERVATIONS: After making a reservation by phone your lease will be sent to you along with guest addendums. Return one signed lease with the 1st Reservation Payment, which includes 1/2 of rent + optional Travel Insurance , if desired, within 7 days.
4. TRIP CANCELATION/INTERRUPTION INSURANCE (TRAVEL INSURANCE): Although optional, we recommend purchasing the insurance, as it will help protect your vacation investment in case of unforeseen events. Victory offers CSA Travel Cancelation/Interruption Insurance to every guest. CSA is authorized by the NC Department of Insurance. CSA insurance is optional but is strongly recommended. If you choose not to purchase it you may opt in by initialing where indicated on the Rental Agreement. If there is a MANDATORY EVACUATION ordered for Carolina/Kure Beaches, you must vacate your unit. No refund will be made unless you have purchased Trip Cancelation Insurance. If you choose to leave during a VOLUNTARY EVACUATION there will be NO REFUND (see cancelation policy following). VICTORY BEACH VACATIONS retains a percentage of the insurance premiums. Trip Cancelation Insurance cannot be purchased after your final balance is received. The insurance premium is non-refundable and non-transferable. For questions concerning travel insurance, please call CSA directly at 866-999-4018.
5. CHECK-IN INFORMATION: Check-in is after 4:00. Please plan your trip accordingly as keys cannot be released until check-in time. As a courtesy, you will receive a text message if your property is ready before 4:00pm. Occasionally we may need the hours of 4:00pm-6:00pm to perform additional cleaning or maintenance during the peak season. No check-in will be permitted until your rental account has been paid in full, including taxes and all other fees. Upon check-in you will be issued keys to your rental property and the appropriate number of parking passes. Condo rentals will include the necessary gate/pool/parking passes or cards that are permitted by the condominium management group. Directions to your rental property will be included in your check-in package.
6. AFTER HOURS CHECK-IN - any arrivals after office hours(must call to receive special check-in instructions)
7. EARLY CHECK-IN & LATE CHECK OUT -A limited number of 1:00 pm check-ins and check-outs are offered for those guests with special arrival/departure needs. Please discuss this with your Reservationist at time of booking for fees and availability.
8. FURNISHINGS AND EQUIPMENT: All units are furnished with basic housekeeping supplies, cookware, flatware and small appliances. All properties have color, expanded cable TV and central AC unless "AC UNITS” is listed. Units will have washer/dryers, dishwashers unless otherwise stated. MAID SERVICE, LINENS, TOWELS, PAPER PRODUCTS, AND SOAPS ARE NOT PROVIDED UNLESS STATED. Bed linens, towels, baby and beach equipment may be rented in advance to assure availability. We cannot be held responsible for printing errors, changes in furnishings by owners or equipment failure.
9. LOST & FOUND: Although we are not responsible for personal items left behind, we will attempt to locate them. Items found in unit will be stored for 90 days, and if not claimed, donated to charity or discarded.
10. LOST KEYS AND LOCK OUTS: A $50.00 fee will be charged for any lost key unless otherwise stated. A $50.00 emergency fee will be charged for lock out after office hours.
11. GRILLING: Grilling is prohibited on any decks, porches, balconies, and stairways, and within 10 feet of any building, by TOWN ORDINANCE.
12. CANCELLATION: In the event of a cancellation by Tenant, Tenant shall receive a refund of rent payments made by Tenant, less a cancellation fee of 15% of total rent, with a minimum of $75, whichever is higher, less administration fee and travel insurance premium, if the Premises are re-rented on the terms set forth herein. If the Premises are not re-rented on the terms set forth herein, Tenant will not be entitled to a refund of any rent payment made here under. Tenant, rather than Agent, shall be responsible for seeking reimbursement of any fees paid by Tenant to Agent for goods, services, or benefits procured by Agent from third parties for the benefit of Tenant that may have been paid out prior to Tenant’s cancellation. See #4(optional Travel Insurance)for additional information concerning possible refunds.
14. DISCLAIMER: Every effort has been made to insure that information is accurate, but we cannot be held responsible for errors, omissions or a late change in pricing & availability. Prices are subject to change. Please check website or call for current pricing. SMOKE DETECTORS: For your protection smoke detectors are installed in each rental property. Please check smoke detectors immediately upon check-in and report any malfunction.
15. CLEANING: A routine departure cleaning is included in the rent. Tenant check out procedures should be followed to assure refund of the Security Deposit. If there is any problem upon check-in, call our office immediately. If no phone call is received within one hour, acceptance will be assumed.
16. DISCLOSURE: VICTORY BEACH VACATIONS, in accordance with the National Association of Realtors Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics, discloses a contractual relationship with the Landlord in which Landlord employs us to act as their agent and treat all parties (Tenants & Landlord) honestly, fairly and in good faith. The price of any services provided by VICTORY may include a profit for the company. Victory shall conduct all brokerage activities without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status of any tenant.
17. MAINTENANCE: Victory Vacations cannot guarantee air conditioning, pools/spas or other major or minor appliances. There will be no refunds on air conditioner, TV, cable, VCR/DVD, or appliance failures including any loss of utilities: electrical, water or phone services. Please notify our office at once concerning any problems and we will have the repairs made as quickly as possible. NO REFUNDS issued for delayed check-in or early check-outs, damage to guests’ personal belongings due to malfunctioning appliances or inclement weather including mandatory evacuation. Due to our tropical environment and constant traffic through open doors and windows we do not issue refunds for unwanted pests (i.e. bugs). Substitutions, transfers and refunds will not be made upon arrival for any reason. We will make every effort to correct any problem reported upon your arrival. No refunds for pools/spas operational down time. GUESTS WILL BE CHARGED FOR UNWARRANTED SERVICE CALLS.
18. METHOD OF PAYMENT: The balance of your rental fee and all related charges are due 30 days prior to the first day of your rental term. We accept personal checks or E-Checks (30 days prior to check in) made out to Victory Beach Vacations, traveler’s checks, Discover, VISA, MasterCard. Any check returned will incur a $25 Returned Check Fee. For all payments made less than 30 days prior to check-in, payments must be made by E-Check, certified check, traveler’s check, or credit card.
19. SECURITY DEPOSIT: Any Security Deposit provided may be applied to actual damages caused by Tenant as permitted under the Tenant Damage Deposit Act. In addition, Agent may deduct from the Security Deposit the amount of any unpaid long distance or per call telephone charges and cable television charges that are not specifically described in this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) as being included with the Premises. Agent shall apply, account for, or refund tenant’s Security Deposit within 45 days following the end of the tenancy.. Tenant understands and agrees that they are responsible for any damages to the Premises during the period of tenancy, and that they will be charged for said damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, unauthorized utility charges, unpaid rent, extra cleaning charges, fees assessed for any unauthorized pet &/or fumigation fees, unwarranted service calls, or/and expenses incurred by management company or owner and that these charges will be charged to the credit card on file. This Security Deposit does not preclude any legal /criminal processes and any costs incurred to recover funds necessary to repair or replace property valued at over the Security Deposit amount.
20. PETS: Please note some of our properties will allow 1-2 mature, housebroken dog(s) depending on property, certain restrictions apply, with payment of a non-refundable $125 ~ $175 pet charge per pet and request made at time of reservation. A Pet Contract must be filled out and submitted with you paperwork to VBV. Dog must be crated while guests are not at property and are not allowed on furniture. Please properly dispose of dog waste to avoid charges to your Security Deposit. No cats or any other pets are allowed in any unit. If an unauthorized pet is found in any unit there will be a $200 pet charge assessed against security/credit card, the pet must be removed and your occupancy will be canceled for breach of rental contract.. Any extra cleaning or damage caused by pet will be deducted from the security deposit or credit card provided.
22. CHECK-OUT TIME & INSTRUCTIONS: Check-out is 10:00 AM and is strictly enforced. Sorry, no exceptions. We must have time to clean and inspect all properties for arriving guests unless you have arranged for our late check-out service in advance. Otherwise a late check-out will result in additional charges to your rental account equal to one night’s rent. Tenant is responsible for cleaning all dishes, emptying refrigerator, securing all doors and windows and placing trash in outdoor receptacles upon departing. Please return all keys and passes to office in package provided. Failure to return keys and passes to office will result in a charge against your Security Deposit or credit card.
23. LIABILITY: Tenant is responsible for the safety and behavior of their children/guests/pets.
24. Construction: New construction & Remodels is abundant throughout Pleasure Island. Unfortunately, we have no control as to when and where construction or remodeling occurs. No refunds or property transfers will be made.