How to Get the Most Out of North Carolina’s Beaches
Enjoying the sun, the sand and the surf is one of the supreme joys of vacationing in Carolina Beach, NC. Fewer few things can sooth a frozen soul than a day at one of North Carolina's beaches. Before you grab your towel and head for the seashore, take a moment to find out how to get the most out of the beach.
Nothing is worse than finally finding the perfect beach spot and then realizing you forgot the sunscreen. Now, I am not going to bore you with the obvious things that we all know that we need to bring - you know, like sunscreen, bug spray, sun hats/umbrellas, beach towels/blankets, water and snacks. Instead here is a list of some items that will make your day at the beach more enjoyable:
- Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker. Sometimes the tranquility can get?¦ well?¦ too quiet. Liven up the afternoon with some tunes.
- Waterproof Cards. While the kids endlessly play in the waves, you can enjoy a game of cards without worrying that your wet sandy kids won't ruin the game.
- Baby Powder. A day at the beach is great, but I bet it would be better if you could leave the sand there and not in your car. Before you jump in, rub some baby powder on your skin and *poof* no more sand.
- Kites. No powerlines and plenty of open space makes flying a kite at the beach an awesome idea.
- Sun or Beach Tent. This is an especially good idea if you have toddlers. It will give them a chance to get out of the sun and catch some rest safe and sound.
- They are not just for spying on the neighbors. A set of binoculars are great for spotting that blip on the horizon. Is it a boat, a whale or a mermaid? Well, now you'll know.
Choose the Best Time to Go to the Beach
According to Skincancer.org, "the sun is the most intense between 10 AM and 4 PM." While most sunbathers flock to the beach mid-morning, consider going early to beat the crowds and get the best spot. If you do not have young children and want a real experience, come right before dawn and watch the sunrise. A thermos of coffee and some Britt's Donuts will make the experience even more glorious.
You can always come back for a late afternoon swim and a picnic dinner on one of North Carolina's beaches. Bring a sweatshirt and a change of clothes and enjoy the cool evening breeze and the cry of the seagulls.
Get the Most out of North Carolina's Beaches
Being prepared, packing for fun and choosing the best time can make your beach experience go from fun to fabulous. The beaches at Carolina Beach and Kure Beach, North Carolina are pristine and quiet. Come with your family and soak up some sun to ease a frostbitten winter.