The Carolina Beach Boardwalk
Welcome to the heart and soul of Carolina Beach!
The bustling vintage seaside boardwalk of Carolina Beach runs along the top of a sand dune, steps away from the glistening ocean waters with spectacular views of the white sands. Step back in time as you saunter the wooden planks past restaurants and bars, hot-dog stands, ice-cream parlors and funky beach town shops to the seaside amusement park with carnival rides, fun arcade games and thrills for all ages. A unique experience on Pleasure Island, North Carolina.
The Boardwalk has fallen on its share of hard times, devastated by both a fire and hurricane, but the loyal townfolk treasure this enduring symbol of Carolina Beach’s past, which has now been revitalized and ranked #3 in Best Boardwalks of America by USA Today.
Classic seaside family fun awaits
Nostalgia is a sentimentality and bittersweet longing for the past, and you’ll feel a strong sense of it on our treasured Boardwalk. Listen to the squeals of delight from passing children, sense the romance of couples nestled on the swinging benches under blooming flower baskets and unwind to the sound of the waves gently crashing on the horizon. Victory Beach Vacations shares our favorite things to do on our Boardwalk. We know you are in for a treat!
- Explore the seaside amusement park – ride the Ferris Wheel and the wooden horses of the Carousel for hours of entertainment. The classic arcade games, rides, thrills and amusements are endless for all ages.
- Step back in time and pose for a portrait at the Carolina Beach Crescent Moon, a long time island tradition, and quietly people watch from the swinging benches along the boardwalk.
- Indulge your sweet tooth with a warm doughnut topped with flaky glaze at the world-famous Britt’s Donut, a Carolina Beach favorite since 1939. Sample mouth-watering fudge at the Fudgeboat or over 4,050 unique flavors of homemade ice cream at Squigley’s.
- Enjoy fresh seafood at The Shuckin Shack, Michaels Seafood or the Sea Witch Café & Tiki Bar and people watch as you enjoy an award-winning craft beer followed by a round of disc golf at the Good Hops Brewery.
- Get active and burn off all those calories – walk, jog or rent a bicycle to cruise the boardwalk. Take to the waters and ride the waves in a fun surf lesson or relax, unwind and have some fun with the sand between your toes in a yoga class on the beach. Get hooked on fishing with one of the many charter companies offering both offshore fishing and fly fishing!
- Summer entertainment on the Carolina Beach Boardwalk is endless. Tuesday night is Family Night – line dancing, hula hooping and face painting are just a few of the delights for the whole family. Wednesday night we play Bingo and Thursday night is live music at the gazebo and a fireworks display over the sea. Gather under the stars each Sunday night to enjoy cotton candy, popcorn and free movies at the Carolina Beach Lake.
From sunrise to sunset all through the summer, the Boardwalk is the place to be. Spectacular fireworks, fun family movies, top tapping music – the events are endless! We even have a special festival for your furry friends!
Happiness is …. a vacation in Carolina Beach, and Victory Beach Vacations has the perfect Carolina Beach and Kure Beach vacation rentals to make your stay here a happy one on the shores of North Carolina’s most beautiful beaches.